Friday, February 14, 2014

The book thief

Hey all,
I postponed updating my blog cause so much has been happening in my life ( to the positive direction) which also made me not have enough time to watch as much as i want. But last night I realized I am forgetting about some of the movies I watched recently, So I decided it is the time.

The most recent movie I watched was "The book thief" and I am gonna start with that and go back in the upcoming posts.

For those of you who know me well, it is obvious that reading is one of my obsessions and nothing is more appealing to me than a movie that has to do with it. and this movie also didn't let me down.

A movie with a strong female in lead , about books and with the WWII environment, couldn't be more complete for me.
Movie happens in around 1940, in Stuttgart, Germany. A young girl is adopted by a German couple, after she lost her little brother. she immediately starts bonding with the new dad and a little boy in their neighborhood, the girl can not read but holds this passion for books and stories in her heart. With the help of the dad she starts reading, In the meanwhile she makes a very strong relationship with a Jewish young guy they are hiding in their basement. I am gonna stop here and ask you to go watch the movie, because it is nice, and refreshing and very emotional.

I love the acts, specially the young girl is doing a great job, the story is very nice but the movie jumps forward too many times which might be annoying for some.

I recommend this movie to anyone slightly interested in history and give 7/10 to it !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment