Monday, February 17, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine.. go down.. the medicine go down...the medicine go down!!!
Mary Poppins is perhaps one of the Disney movies which is dear and near to my heart, I used to watch it over and over as a kid, sing the songs and to this day I still use her quotes when I talk, the movie has just the right amount of imagination and craziness in it and the characters are so believable...
So when I hear a movie is about making Mary Poppins, I would run to watch it and it didn't disappoint me.
Saving Mr. Banks is an amazing refreshing movie specially in this time and age where movies are killing themselves with special effect and sex, horror or violent scenes. It baffled me how it is well made, well played, simple and beautiful, not too long, not boring or whimsical, not too exciting, and at the end of the movie I told myself, Wow, so it is possible to make good movies, why don't they just do it more often?!?

The story about the woman who wrote Mary Poppins book based on her own childhood and her relationship with her dad, well now those who watched Mary Poppins would certainly realize how it works, but for other people, I simply recommend GO, WATCH Mary Poppins and you'll thank me for it.And It happens when Mr. Disney reaches to her to make the movie, how he tried for 20 years and finally she agrees but with a millon condition and her strict supervision, conditions and rules.

I am obviously in love with this movie and I believe among all the other movies this year, this one is extremely underrated,I advise people to go watch it and give a 8/10 to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment