Thursday, February 27, 2014

Nebraska

With only a couple of days to academy award 2014, I had enough motivations to go for a movie which didn't sound or look as appealing to me at the beginning, but as my special talent is to prove myself wrong I very much liked the movie.
My first impression was that I will not make a good connection with the movie because it happens in a very much American part of the US where I am not very familiar with the culture, but once I got to see past through that face I could feel the connections and conversations.

The movie is about a very old almost schizophrenic simple man in a city in Montana who gets an ad in the mail saying you are the lucky winner of a million $ and to get your money come to this address in Nebraska and the old man is very determined to go and get his money.Finally his younger son decided that he is going to drive his dad to Montana although he knew the ad is a scam.On their way they stop in the old man's childhood town where his family reside.

The interaction between the son and the dad, and how patient the son is, also the interactions between the dad and his family and other people from the town, they are all very beautifully written.The movie is very monotonic but will not make you bored at all, don't be fooled by it being black and white or not having violent or sexual scenes. You might not even connect with the film if you are not from a very small very "red neck" town, but again if you look at the bigger picture, you will feel a lot of the relationships and connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment