Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Her

Well, I survived watching this movie,even though it was long, and I hate the main ( and almost the only) character, and the story was such a cliche ...
I am still wondering what was the message they tried to deliver, do they want to show we are doomed and this fast paced technology obsessed world is going to nowhere ? If yes, I can say thank you, we already knew that,right?

Please ignore my frustration, I didn't have a very fun day today,But back to "Her" , the movie is about a relationship between a recently divorced man with his new generation OS which can grow her mind on her own by learning, I personally could enjoy the movie much more if the OSes would get super smart and attack humans physically in a world wide war over making them fall in love and break their hearts. I can see our everyday lives going through the same path, our unhealthy dependency on technology and how it is affecting all our relationships and we are losing human contacts, every once in a while we hear about virtual girlfriends and boyfriends, In my opinion even online ones are somehow virtual since you have no idea who is sitting on the other side besides the image they are presenting from themselves.

The movie is very believable since it is already happening in our lives but if they just could use a better actor, or a more lively environment or I don't know adding some flavor to the movie, I could enjoy it much more.The only exciting part of the movie was Scarlet Johnson sexy voice.

I am not recommending watching this movie to anyone and wonder how on earth it got nominated for academy awards,a 4/10 !

No comments:

Post a Comment