Saturday, January 10, 2015

Gone Girl

I am not sure how this post is going to turn out since I have mixed feelings towards this movie.
I was hearing all the huffs and puffs about the movie and told myself that I am going to be disappointed since I am not the biggest David Fincher fan , don't get me wrong, I love fight club, but he is just not my type and it is not him, it is me (LOL, it is so NOT me).

The idea of the movie is brilliant, like those movies that you think whoever came up with it is a very harmful person for the society and he movie is well made. They easily played with people's assumptions and feelings towards the characters but it was too freaking long. In my opinion they could easily make 2 movies out of this one and each of them would be as interesting. I felt that they had too many ideas that they wanted to squeeze them into one movie which resulted in this stew of cheating, childhood problem,family problem, genius vs ordinary and killing . I could not possibly think of one of them to focus on. Well my boyfriend definitely did not like the movie but I think it is because the girl was a freaking genius and she tricked the guy very well for a revenge , HAHA.

The story is about a city girl lost in the character of a series of story books she write and a simple village guy married together and at some point the girl feels bored and lost and probably the guy feels inadequate and a series of events happen which I am not gonna spoil them here.

I should say that the acts were amazing and the scenes and the music were good too. But after a while I got too bored and I guess I felt asleep for the last 15 minutes of the movie.

I would give a 7/10 to this movie and would recommend watching it if you are either obsessed with David Fincher OR have 3 extra hours that you really have no idea what to do with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment