Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Generation War ("Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter" )

I can't say that I an expert on WWII history or I watched all of the movies about it, but I certainly do have this obsession or fascination about the whole concept. I watch the movies and wonder HOW, how suddenly one day you start becoming the enemy of your friends and neighbors, or you move all the way to another country and kill its people , or tell people of a country that they are not allowed to live there anymore, more important than that, who are we as humans to decide about others' lives . These are all I think when I watch war movies, and WWII specifically because each of those movies illustrate different sides of the war.

This movie or better say three episodes of the movie is by far one of the most beautiful movies that I watched about WWII, simply because you see all these groups, and non of them are the bad guys and the rest the good ones.The victim is all the people who are involved from each side and at some point some of them lose their humanities, some come back to their senses and some simply just follow like a ship.

The story is about 5 friends at the time of the war living in Germany. One becomes a nurse at the front, one is a lieutenant of the Nazi's , his brother is a simple soldier and one becomes an aspiring singer. The story happens over the years of 1941 to 1945 and during this time their paths cross each others frequently.
What I loved about this movie is how well the interaction between people is shown, when they are thorn between who they love and who they have to support and how they think they have to be loyal and try to belong.

I would definitely recommend watching this movie if you have a good 3 nights to finish it, and give a 8.5/10 to it

No comments:

Post a Comment