Friday, November 21, 2014

This is where I leave you

Two months ago my mom was visiting me and since she arrived she was bugging me to go watch movies (I should mention my movie watching habits directly comes from her). Her obsession with family drama was the reason I picked this movie to watch with her.

The father of a family dies and all the kids gather at their childhood house for the funeral. The sister with her super busy husband, the brother who is trying but can't have a baby, the brother who has recently been cheated on and the smallest son who still needs to grow up. All of them bring their own problems and drama and on top of that , their dad's last wish was for them to stay for a week at the house. 


Many dramatic events and encounter happens and of course at the end they realize how much they love each other. Family drama in general can be a very cliche subject, I seen some good movies with this genre, my favorite is "Parenthood" tv series. In general this movie was a good one because of the cast and all the funny things that happens in it, but is not a very deep movie. There is specifically one thing I did not like was how cheating is pictured so ordinary and an every day habit, which pissed me off.

At the end, I would recommend this for a feeling good movie to watch maybe with family, or when alone and with low expectations , giving it a 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment