Friday, July 5, 2013

Cloud Atlas

If you think i stopped watching movie, well you are kinda right, a month ago i found a TV serie called "Mad Men" which i am going to talk about in another post, and i absolutely fell in love and been watching it ever since, I had 6 season of 13 episode each and i still have 5 more episodes, but last night i decided that i need to watch a movie and i rented cloud atlas.

To begin with, please start watching this movie when you are going to have 3 hour free time because it LONG.

I watched this movie with my mom and she is a fan of action movies and special effects ( I am not) , and she enjoyed those parts of the movie. But for me, it was a series of different events which could be connected somehow to each other, but still it wouldn't make you say : "OHHH, that is what is happening, now it make sense ."

The movie consists of 3 or 4 main characters in 4 or 5 different places and times, meeting each other. One in a tribe far from civilization , one in 70s, one in 2012 and one if the future.in all of them somehow humanity is being save from destruction.

It was not a deep movie and carried no special message , which i guess was the main effort that was failed. The scenery were pretty, some action, some romance, but to me it felt like a patch quilt, but not a very pretty one. I am sure the budget for this movie was huge but for me it, specially the length of the movie and the fact that it could finish at so many times during the movie without you thinking what happened nex.

Maybe the whole point of the movie was watching it on wide screen and 3D, I wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment